Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking back on the Threshold

Looking back, trying to grip memories is like trying to catch something in water. Every time you get close to it, it seems to slip away. As I dip my hand into the remaining pool of memories, I try to describe the few that have nestled in my cupped hands.

2011 began in the midst of my fourth semester. A rather dismal prospect because, by unanimous note, it has been the worst semester till now. The only thing I seem to recollect from January seems to be my sister's birthday. What a day it was! The food, the cake, ah... nostalgia. oh yeah, we went for an I.V. to Infosys. The highlight of the trip? A golden opportunity to mine money from my friends for Autumn Sunshine's birthday.

February was a far more eventful month. TEDxSSN was conducted, I was an official blogger, and it was a huge hit. (P.S. I met Krish Ashok!!! ) Autumn Sunshine's birthday was a grand success. Black-forest cake, ferrero rocher, The Lost Symbol. And then, I won the poetry prize.

March was gruelling. Deadlines drew near. Still, sunshine was there in patches. I enjoyed writing about Women's day. I also had a wonderful time doing a project which I thought would drain me completely.

April was spent in exam preparations. By the end of May, my family went on a trip to Mysore which led to the genesis of this. It was an amazing trip, especially for historically inclined me. I went on an in-plant training in June, not very significant, just remembered. Oh yeah, dad's birthday. And a long time meet up of my school friend studying in Trichy.

July marked the beginning of my fifth semester which was far far better. We all geared up for two things - the tour and Paradigm - our symposium. Unfortunately, I fell ill just before the tour and had to miss it. So, I was determined to make up for it on the symposium. I can say, without doubt, Paradigm was the hugest success! (And I just might add, my third entry in a Saree wasn't that bad). In between, I attended Orbitce and had an awesome day, met my school friends and came first in Be a Prof. Ah, the ecstasy kept me on a cloud for days. (I hate a certain someone for teaching me stuff about innocent words that make me want to re-structure sentences.)

Toward the end of August, I was thoroughly depressed. I thank three special people for helping come out of it, my gentle Autumn Sunshine, my obedient Genie and my omniscient Kutty. September, of course, brought the usual excitement that the proximity of my birthday brings. I counted the days off, slowly. I had a nice time at a symposium a day before my birthday ( even though I got into trouble for going without permission). So I didn't expect much from my parents on my birthday. Though, in a strange turn of events, they were the ones who made my twentieth birthday so memorable, with the best birthday gift, always telling me that my mistakes are just that, mistakes and that they love me for ever more.

October. It started on a rather dismal note with the famed accident in our college. As Ms.Sunshine was also one of the few rushed to the hospital, it was rather a black day for me. All was well in the end for all, but the brutal dose of reality was unsettling. On a lighter note, highlight has to be my mum's birthday. She actually said she had never cut cake in her life. It was simply splendid. And, it was special in a variety of ways. I also found that Autumn Sunshine's dad shared birthday with my mom. And, the scholarship day was nice.

November again was the month of examinations. It culminated in a well-deserved break. During that time, I met up with some school friends at citi-centre and watched Tintin. And ROS has been the obsession on the run-up to new year.  And, today, this December I sit, doing the thing I love doing, catching my thoughts and putting them to words.

Now I know I am not a VIP and my story probably bores everyone. This post is not meant to entertain but is dedicated to all the people who make my life beautiful. So to all those who are reading, there are only three things left to do.

Thank you, for being there for me, for contributing to my life.
Sorry, for all he times I have hurt you.
And Happy New Year 2012 to you and your family.



P.S.  Don't be afraid the world will end. You won't be around to discuss it if it does anyway. Enjoy life to the fullest when you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment